Thanks for joining us again for this chat about marriages that can be saved, and marriages that aren’t. Part of the difficulty is being able to tell the difference, which can be tricky when you’re in the trenches, struggling along during a difficult patch in your relationship. As divorce attorneys who’ve spent years talking to clients who are trying to figure out if it’s time to end their marriages, here are some tips we’ve learned along the way. Hopefully they can help you make the right choice when it comes to the future of your relationship.
Signs it could be savable, and there might be a future together:
- You and your spouse struggle to communicate with each other, but you’re both willing to make an effort to fix that. Talking about problems and confronting issues might be very uncomfortable, but you’re both committed to stepping out of your comfort zones in order to keep your marriage alive.
- You and your spouse know there are problems in your marriage, but you’re both willing to attend couples therapy, attend a marriage conference, or read books on how to save your relationship.
- One of you has admitted to having feelings for another person, but want to find a way to work past that and strengthen your relationship. The other spouse has agreed to try.
- You and your spouse both don’t believe in divorce, but understand that things can’t stay the way they are now if you’re going to be happy. Both of you are willing to do what it takes to try and fix whatever is wrong in your marriage.
- You’ve both admitted that your marriage has lost it’s spark, and that it isn’t what you want, but you’ve both committed to trying to fix what’s broken before calling it quits.
Saving a marriage requires both partners, or neither!
In case you couldn’t tell, there’s a general theme here: You and your spouse love each other very much, and despite the problems and frustrations you experience in your relationship, you both want to find a way to stay together. The key is the intent, and the fact that both of you feel the same way. If only one spouse thinks anything is wrong in the marriage, or only one is willing to make the effort to do what it takes to fix the problems, then the relationship is probably doomed. After all, it takes two to tango.
How do you know when it’s time to end your marriage?
It’s time when you decide it’s time. There is no magic formula, or fixed answer that works for everyone. If you want to save your marriage and you believe it’s worth working for, then it’s not time to get divorced. If you’re unhappy and don’t believe the issues causing the problems are ever likely to be solved, then it’s time to end it. But ultimately only you can make that choice.
If you decide you;re ready to end your marriage, or that the only workable solution to your relationship problems would be a divorce, call The Kronzek Firm at 866 766 5245. Our experienced divorce lawyers have been helping the people of Michigan with every part of their divorces for decades, and we can help you too. Don’t try to do this alone, get help from the people who know what you’re going through, and can help you prepare for a better future.